Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am planning an adventure

Photo via dankse

It's been two years since I returned from Japan - almost a lifetime for me - am I am restless to see more of the world.

This adventure will begin one brisk March afternoon, in the wintery islands of Japan from where I will drift downwards and across the ocean to Korea, Vietnam and India, then further westwards across the great deserts to Turkey, Greece, Italy and France, finally coming to a rest in the gentle Parisian summer of 2009. While autumn turns slowly to winter, I will sharpen my fading French skills at a language school in the 5th, read books under the old oaks in the Cimetiere du Pere Lachaise, and take walks along the Promenade Plantee.

How I will support myself is a small detail I have yet to work out - I'm hoping the vibrant Parisian market scene will support me in the establishment of a little vintage store, failing that I may have to fall back on some rather rusty English-teaching skills and a credit card.

I'm excited to go - my eyes crave fresh colours, my tongue, new flavours and my skin the cool tingle of a fresh Northern wind.

1 Comments:

Blogger Li said...

good luck Fiftylux! i will look forward to hearing about your adventures. you have a very beautiful blog - your pictures are amazing.

7:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home