Tuesday, October 28, 2008

the essence of wild willows


I purchased this mysterious water, described as the essence of wild willows, several months ago but since then have frankly, been at a bit of a loss as to what to do with it.

According to the bottle the nectar is an Iranian ingredient traditionally added to sherbets, but in contemporary cooking can be dripped into desserts and cocktails to which it will grant a unique aroma. While trawling the net for additional ideas I also found a brief reference to it being diluted with ice water and drunk as a kind of cordial in the summer.

I think I may turn it into simple syrup to drizzle over cakes and icecream.

1 Comments:

Blogger KimEatsWorld said...

I think it's quite common in some cultures to add this to beverages like tea or other drinks. They really enjoy having that aromatic flowery smell. When I was in Brussels, they gave us some l'eau de fleur d'oranger (orange flower water) to drop into our mint tea (according to the moroccan tradition)

1:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home